Group: ABB Power products
Two-line-end differential protection relay
ABB Oy Distribution Automation
Relion® RED615 is a phase-segregated, two-end, line differential protection and control IED perfectly harmonized for overhead line and cable feeders in utility and industrial power distribution networks. The RED615s communicate between substations over a fibre-optic link or a galvanic pilot wire connection. Two RED615s interconnected over a communication link form an absolutely selective unit protection scheme. Three standard RED615 configurations are available, a pure line differential protection configuration with overcurrent back-up stages and two extended configurations with additional protection functions.
- features Binary Signal Transfer (BST) functionality
- offers a comprehensive set of condition monitoring features
- incorporates native IEC 61850 implementation covering both vertical and horizontal communication
- offers an optional second Ethernet bus enabling the creation of a self-healing Ethernet ring topology
- supports DNP3, IEC 60870-5-103 and Modbus®
- offers customizable single line mimic diagrams (SLD) with position indication for the switching devices
- features a Web HMI enabling remote viewing of events and phasor diagrams using Microsoft Internet Explorer
- utilizes the PCM600 tool for efficient application configuration and communication engineering of Relion IEDs
- utilizes ABBs IED connectivity packages to reduce system integration, device configuration and set-up times.