electro-permanent magnetic chuck / double-face / for milling
Doublemag | Triplemag
These magnetic modules are adhesive on both sides and both clamp the work piece and themselves to the machine table. Mechanical clamping or fix clamping is not required.
Several modules combined, are a cost-effective alternative to big magnetic chucks.
- For clamping big or bulky workpieces during milling processing, rough or finish machining.
- For clamping during edge cutting or deburring (without mechanical chucks)
- For simple and fast fixing of work pieces during mounting
- Also usable with fixed and movable pole extensions for uneven surfaces
- Drastic reduction of set-up times
- A 5-sided processing at simple and fast positioning of the work piece
- Low vibration while milling, and even distribution of adhesive force over the entire magnetic clamping surface
- For processing big parts, several Double/Triplemags can be connected with each other and controlled
- Using pole extensions, plane-parallelism of up to 0.01mm is possible on the work piece
- Also bulky work pieces can be clamped without distortion by using pole extensions
- Full utilization of the machine, because there are no disturbing edges unlike with mechanical clamping
- Pole size 50 × 50 mm
- Adhesive force up to 350 daN per pole
- Penetration depth of the magnetic field at maximum adhesion force up to 12 mm
- Complete full steel body, so the best protection against hot chips and coolant
- Full clamping force will only be achieve if the supporting table is ferromagnetic and at least 15 mm thick