NMR spectrometer / laboratory / process / for analysis
minispec mq SFC
laboratory, process, for analysis, R&D, industrial, for food analysis, for the food industry, for scientific applications, for solid fat
Bruker is the No. 1 source of Benchtop NMR Analyzers for Solid Fat Content (SFC). While the mq-one SFC Analyzer provide the best possible price- and footprint-to-performance ratio, the mq series offers a field-upgradeable SFC Analyzer. Field-upgradeable refers to as upgrade to important QC applications like the total fat determination as well as the droplet-size determination of dairy products like mayonnaise and margarine.
Bruker minispec systems are calibrated with uniform methods to guarantee trustable results that can be compared with other factories around the world.
The NMR method is the only officially approved method for SFC determination. It is superior to the tedious and time-consuming method of dilatometry, which is used to derive Solid Fat Index (SFI) values. Further, the SFC determination by NMR is by far more accurate over NIR (near infrared) applications and thus the choice for the QC lab:
- the minispec NMR method is very accurate and reproducible
- Easy to calibrate using the three Bruker SFC standards
- Analyses take less time to complete than SFI determinations
- NMR yields a SFC value from a single measurement when the Direct Method is employed
- the SFC procedure does not overly depend on operator technique and judgment
- Automation possible (see below)
- Approved AOCS and ISO methods