non-contact temperature sensor / infrared / type J thermocouple / type K thermocouple
Calex Electronics Limited
Contact / non-contact:
type K thermocouple, type J thermocouple, infrared
miniature, stainless steel, 2-wire, compact, 4-wire, pre-calibrated, with thermocouple output, IP65, precision, with cable, fast-response, high-accuracy, with analog output, economical
process, for surface temperature measurement, for the food industry, for the pharmaceutical industry, for OEM, for the automotive industry, for moving surfaces, for the plastics industry, for hygienic applications, laboratory, sanitary, for grain
Min.: -20 °C (-4 °F)
Max.: 500 °C (932 °F)
The PyroCouple is a simple, low-cost non-contact infrared temperature sensor.
It measures the temperature of non-reflective, non-metal materials in industrial applications, and provides an analogue output (choice of 4-20 mA, Type J thermocouple, Type K thermocouple or 0-50 mV outputs).
The PyroCouple sensor is ideal for measuring inaccessible or moving objects. It provides hygienic temperature measurement in place of a contact probe, and has a near-instant response time (less than a quarter of a second).
It can also measure metal surfaces if they are made non-reflective by painting or coating.
• Simple and low-cost. The PyroCouple needs no configuration. It measures non-reflective non-metal surfaces out of the box.
• High quality. The sensor is made of 316 stainless steel, has precision germanium optics, and is sealed to IP65.
• High accuracy ±1°C or 1%, stable and consistent results (repeatability ±0.5°C or 0.5%)
• Measures at any distance (a larger area is measured at longer distances)
• Temperature ranges from -20°C to 500°C
• 4-20 mA loop-powered output for measured temperature (two-wire models)
• Type J or K Thermocouple output, or 0-50 mV output (four-wire models)
• Additional 4-20 mA output on power loop for internal sensor body temperature (four-wire models)
• Choice of focused or divergent optics for measuring large or small targets
• Fixed emissivity 0.95
PyroCouple sensors are compatible with almost any indicator, controller, recorder or data-logging instrument.
Contact Calex for sales, technical help, or to be put in touch with a distributor in your region.