Loss-in-weight system controller
Hardy Process Solutions
Loss-In-Weight Closed Loop Rate Control
Hardy Instruments' HI 4060 is a compact, single-feeder, closed-loop rate controller for use in a variety of applications, including auger, belt and vibratory-based feeders, converting them from volumetric to gravimetric.
After supplying excitation to the load sensors and digitizing the weight signal, the rate controller provides an analog output to control the feeder speed and adjusts this signal based on the required rate at which the feeder is losing weight.
The HI 4060 loss-in-weight rate controller features:
* Automatic closed loop control: continuously adjusts the feeder to deliver the desired feed rate
* True five-point automatic rate calibration: produces high feed accuracy for a wide range of feed rates
* Multiple configuration storage: stores hundreds of different system configurations
* Automatic feeder refill: starts and stops refilling without interrupting the feeding of material
* Convenient manual mode: allows manual speed control, with switch to automatic control at the touch of a button
* Various alarms, including rate tolerance and disturbance
* Embedded web server for remote access
* Communications: optional DeviceNet, EtherNet/IP, Remote I/O, Profibus, Modbus TCP/IP, and Analog