Data acquisition module
Highland Technology, Inc.
V680 TIME-TO-DIGITAL CONVERTER
- 8-channel, 48-bit, 48 picosecond resolution
- Measures events up to 6800 seconds before or after common trigger, or 0 to +13,700 seconds after trigger
- Adjustable trigger levels and edge polarity
- Usable as 9-channel independent time-stamper
- Fast readout available 200 nanoseconds after events
- Jitter typically below 40 picoseconds RMS
- Ultrastable ovenized quartz crystal timebase
- Optional custom internal microengine
The V680 is an 8-channel time-to-digital converter used to record the time of occurrence of eight independent electrical pulse inputs, each measured relative to a single, common reference input. Each input channel can time its event "hit" with 48.82-picosecond resolution and 48-bit dynamic range.
The module has provisions for adjustable input logic levels, selectable input edge polarity, and selectable termination.
The V680 employs a highly linear interpolation technique which requires a minimum of adjustments. Data is available within 200 nanoseconds of the completion of the measured time intervals, and the module may be cleared and rearmed in less than one microsecond. All features are switch selectable.