slag remelting furnace / pit / electric / CO2
custom, for metallurgy, large-size
Get higher metal recovery, lower raw material consumption, and low CO₂ and dust emissions. Our open slag bath smelting furnace is a closed-type, environmentally friendly, and energy efficient solution.
- Minimizes energy, coke, and electrode paste consumption
- Enables high productivity and metals recovery
- Offers low operational costs and low CO₂ and dust emissions
- Improves electrode life with a robust design
- Allows for a clean working environment
- Enables effective utilization of cleaned CO gas in different plant applications
Outotec's open slag bath smelting furnace is a closed furnace that offers high productivity and efficiency in a sustainable way. It is robust, safe, and easy to operate. The furnace is custom designed for each individual application and the optimized furnace and feed system layout makes it a highly cost-efficient solution.
- Raw material is reduced at high temperature with carbon reductant such as anthracite or coke
- Alloy sinks to the bottom and slag floats to the top – these are tapped intermittently through dedicated tap holes
- Off-gas, mainly carbon monoxide, is cleaned and can be reused as combustible fuel