Parker Climate Systems Division
Parker’s RB9 Multi-Function Flare Valves are used as service valves in mini-split heat pumps. The valves isolate sections of a system for servicing and provide a means for charging refrigerant into a unit. The valve also holds a restrictor and screen to meter refrigerant and filter debris, increasing system efficiency.
* Inclusion of a restrictor into the valve provides precise refrigerant metering to increase efficiency.
* Noise and vibration through the unit are reduced by inclusion of the restrictor into the valve.
* Inclusion of a screen into the valve filters dirt and debris prior to entering the restrictor, maintaining full flow and enhancing performance.
* Captivated stem-design holds the stem within the valve to prevent it from releasing when the cap is removed or the unit is serviced, reducing the potential for injury.
* Combined functionality of valve, restrictor, and screen reduces component inventory (shut-off valve, field-access gage port, expansion device, filter screen or strainer, line-set connector, check valve, by-pass circuit, & capillary tubes) leading to a reduction in overall installed cost.
* Combined functionality of valve, restrictor, and screen also reduces space requirements within a unit and eliminates braze joints to reduce potential leaks paths.