A range of universal trouble-shooters
Our 2200- and 5000A-series constitute a complete range of isolators covering the entire spectrum within signal isolation. The patented STREAMSHIELD principle is integrated in the 5000A-series and ensures high immunity against e.g. conducted noise, transients and burst. The isolation modules handle the following functions:
* Signal adaptation
* Elimination of ground loops
* Scaling of process values
* Potential separation
* Galvanic separation
* Noise filtration
Easy configuration of the 5000A-series with PReset
Flexibility is one keyword for the 5000-series of signal isolators. Within a few minutes the modules are configured to the concrete application with the user-friendly PReset software or dipswitches. Consequently, the user has easy access to:
* Inversion: When the relation between input and output is directly opposite. Example: A 4...20 mA input signal is inversed to 20...4 mA.
* Signal scaling: If the focus area needs to be e.g. 4...8 mA the signal can be scaled.
* Custom linearization: At e.g. measurement in cylindrical, horizontal tanks the incoming signal curve has to be changed every now and then. Thus, the linearization capability must be used to convert the 4...20 mA signal from a vertical level sensor to a volume linear signal.
* Doubling: In some cases the conversion of an input signal to several output signals such as mA and V is appropriate. In signal isolators from PR electronics the doubled signals are galvanic protected.