lithium-manganese dioxide battery / prismatic / primary
Min.: 2.8 V
Max.: 27 V
The Saft primary lithium military battery packs are designed to withstand the demanding mechanical and electrical conditions encountered in combat and training exercises.
The battery packs are assembled from single component cells in series, parallel or series-parallel combinations and are available with ‘soft’ (heat-shrink plastic sleeve) enclosures or ‘hard’ (plastic or metal) casings.
Custom designed and standard versions of the packs are available to suit specific applications. Typically, the packs include safety features such as electrical and thermal fuses, PTCs and diodes, as necessary. They can also be fitted with state of charge indicators and SMBus communication.
- Light weight
- High voltage, stable during most of the application lifetime
- Good performance over a wide range of temperatures
- Low self-discharge rate
- More than 5 years of shelf life possible before use
- Rugged design
- Excellent resistance to passivation, even after long-term storage in uncontrolled temperature environments
- Unrivalled performance below -20°C
- Some battery models feature a SOCI (State Of Charge Indicator)
- Multi chemistry range: Li-SO2, Li-MnO2, Li-SOCl2