key lock switch / SPDT / bipolar / electromechanical
Number of poles:
electromechanical, snap-action, safety
S860 Series keylock switches are fitted with S800 a Series snap-action switches, which have a current rating of 10 A.
The S800 a is a Form C SPDT snap-action switch with double-break contacts and positive opening operation, which ensures the failsafe disconnection of the contacts even if they have become welded together after a short-circuit. That is what makes them ideally suited for use in safety-related applications.
Thanks to their snap-action mechanism these switches allow for slow actuator speed and, despite their small package size, a failsafe switching of relatively high loads.
The locking cylinder functions both as actuator and interlock. There is a fixed detent position for ON and OFF with key pull only in the OFF positon (when contacts are open). The switches are activated by a key that is turned in a circle.
Our keylock switches are fitted with a standard locking cylinder and keyway system. However, the cylinder is also available with two alternative keyway systems (see ordering code).
- Electrical interlocking switches for protection against unauthorised use
- Rotary cylinder lock version:
- ON and OFF settings slightly engaged
- Single or double pole versions available
- For the double pole versions the two contacts are always the same type
- Suitable for switching purposes in control circuits