Atomic fluorescence spectrometer / AFS
Tekran Instruments Corporation
AFS, atomic fluorescence
The Model 2500 Cold Vapor Atomic Fluorescence Spectrophotometry (CVAFS) detector has an absolute detection limit of < 0.1 pg of mercury. The system is available with either an adjustable ball flow meter or precision mass flow meter. The latter option allows remote control and readout of the carrier flow rate. The detector can be used with any analytical system capable of producing mercury vapor in an inert gas stream.
The Model 2500 contains a number of features that provide enhanced stability.
- Optical path stabilization to prevent baseline and sensitivity shifts.
- The entire instrument is powered from an internal DC power supply, rendering it immune to line voltage fluctuations.
- Excitation source is kept at a constant temperature in a thermostatically controlled block.
- An optical feedback system provides constant intensity over the life of excitation source.
- Ultra low noise electronics provides a high quality analog output.