water absorption inspection device
Testing Machines Inc
See the water uptake as it happens!
This innovative principle offers a completely new opportunity to characterise and understand the phenomena of dynamic water absorption. Here the water uptake is continuously monitored across a full 100 cm² area of sized paper or board as a function of time. Apart from the total amount of absorbed water
over 60 seconds, this technology reveals the different dynamic components of water absorption.
Once the operator has inserted the test specimen, the test is done automatically by the instrument as no weighing or blotting of the specimen is required. This way the regular operator time of three minutes for a 60 second Cobb test is reduced to only a few seconds for loading of the specimen.
- Continuous monitoring of the water uptake in real-time reveals the dynamic absorption as it happens
- Suitable for sized paper and board
- Tests a full 100 cm² large area
- Fully automatic operation reduces operator time from several minutes to a few seconds
- No operator training required: no weighing of sample, no blotting paper used, no heavy Couching Roll