Bitumen / asphalt gear pump
max. 155 m3/h, max. 14 bar | 124E, 324E series
Electric heating is specifically designed to melt the asphalt within the pump prior to start up. Electric heating offers a number of advantages over steam, heat transfer oils or electric heat tracing, including:
• Lower installation costs in remote locations when steam or hot oil is not available or requires long piping runs.
• Reduced environmental costs by eliminating hot oil leaks.
• Reduced energy costs with heat source in pump vs. external heat tracing.
• Simplified service by eliminating hot oil or steam pipe connections.
• Improved safety by eliminating hot oil or steam piping leaks.
Viking also offers a simple and effective temperature control system. It includes a thermocouple and thermowell adapter for mounting in the bracket port, and a controller which powers all heat cartridges on one pump. Features include:
• Closed loop PID control to provide fast yet effective time to temperature with minimal overshoot.
• User-adjustable temperature set point, up to a preset maximum.
• A relay output that can be wired to alert an operator or to prevent a pump from being started until the asphalt is melted.
• N-Size requires a separate 40 amp relay.