Slewing ring slewing drive
Xuzhou Wanda Slewing Bearing Co., Ltd.
The slewing drive is a gearbox that can safely hold radial and axial loads, as well as transmit a torque for rotating. The rotation can be in a single axis, or in multiple axes together. Slewing drives are made by manufacturing gearing, bearings, seals, housing, motor and other auxiliary components and assembling them into a finished gearbox.
By adopting slewing bearing as its core component, slewing drive can bear axial force, radial force and tilting moment simultaneously. Slewing drive is widely applied in modular trailers, all types of cranes, aerial working platform, solar tracking systems and wind power systems.
Electric and planetary gearboxes can be designed according to customer’s requirements. Slewing drive has the advantage for saving space in facilities, max load capacity in a compact design, extensive lifespan, and reduced maintenance costs.
1) Tilting Moment Torque: Torque is the load multiplied by distance between the position of load and the center of slewing bearing. If the torque generated by load and distance is greater than the rated tilting moment torque, slewing drive will be overturned.
2) Radial load: Load vertical to the axis of slewing bearing
3) Axial load: Load parallel to the axis of slewing bearing
4) Holding torque: It is the reverse torque. When the drive is rotating reversely, and parts are not damaged,
5) The maximum torque achieved is called holding torque.
6) Self-locking: Only when loaded, the slewing drive is not able to reverse rotate and thus called self-locking.