Scotch® ATG Adhesive Transfer Tape 976
0.002 in. (0.05 mm) thick adhesive transfer tape
Tape is reverse wound on 1-inch diameter cores for use in Scotch ATG dispensers.
• ATG tapes are a reverse wound version of standard 3M Adhesive Transfer and Double Coated tapes for use in the Scotch® ATG hand-held dispensers.
Comparable 3M tape is 3M ATT Tape 465
Note: The user should carefully evaluate the product under actual use conditions to determine whether it is fit for a particular purpose and suitable for the user’s method of application.
Technical Information Note
The following technical information and data should be considered representative or typical only and should not be used for specification purposes.
Tape 924 is ideal for bonding a wide variety of similar and dissimilar materials such as metals, glass, wood, papers, paints, and many plastics. Some application ideas include:
• Mounting promotional items, posters, etc.
• Core starting.
• Mounting picture frame mat boards and dust covers.
• Bond strength is dependent upon the amount of adhesive-to-surface contact developed. Firm application pressure helps develop better adhesive contact and improve bond strength.
• To obtain optimum adhesion, the bonding surfaces must be clean, dry and well unified. Typical surface cleaning solvents are isopropyl alcohol and water (rubbing alcohol) or heptane. Note: Be sure to follow the manufacturer’s precautions and directions for use when using solvents.