Oil impregnated paper (OIP) is a term used for bushings that utilize plain kraft paper, with the condenser core saturated with transformer-grade mineral oil. OIP bushings usually have upper air-side and lower oil-side porcelain insulators. OIP bushings can also have upper and lower insulators made of other materials, such as epoxy or fiber-wound shells of polymer.
Hitachi ABB Power Grids offers several different product lines of OIP condenser bushings for AC and DC transformers and reactors. Details of the designs vary with voltage and current ratings.
Why Hitachi ABB Power Grids?
• Complete range and outstanding performance under the most demanding conditions
• 40 years of proven reliability in all continents
• State-of-the-art production facilities and 100 years of transformer components manufacturing experience
• Unique draw rod system facilitates easy installation and removal without lowering the oil level
• The world’s most widely used 800 kV bushing