The A3100 includes two fully featured independent controllers and two independent power circuits within a single 6U 19 inch enclosure, all available as removable cards (single channel option available).
Introduction The BRUSH PRISMIC® A3100 excitation controller or automatic voltage regulator (AVR) incorporates all the features required for control of a brushless generator. Each controller channel acts as a hot standby for the other and each channel is independently controlled with automatic tracking included to enable smooth transfer from one controller to the other. The non-operating channel control and power cards can be extracted without powering down the AVR or excitation so maintaining power generation whilst exchanging the cards.
• High integrity dual redundant excitation system in a single 19 inch enclosure
• Hot swappable control and power channel
• Built in power system stabiliser (optional feature)
• Automatic synchroniser (optional)
• SCADA/DCS communications using Ethernet Modbus TCP/IP or Ethernet Global Data (EGD) or RS232/RS485 Modbus RTU protocol
• Conforms to CE directives
• cCSAus approved
• Compatible connections with earlier BRUSH products for easy upgrades – an ideal upgrade for the MAVR, MicroAVR or A30
• Automatic tracking between channels in all modes
• Negative forcing of exciter field voltage
• Including PC Human Machine Interface (HMI) software for advanced maintenance diagnostics and downloading of data
• Digital (discrete) outputs for remote status indication
• Analog input signal for special applications