• completely shielded design (sensor and cable)
• in case of limited space the ground and shielded measuring lead are attached in different directions (special version)
• current carrying capacity of the shield up to 50A
• vacuum impregnation resistant
• IECEx and ATEX approval for use in hazardous areas
• TR certificate for the Eurasian Customs Union
tructure / Functional principle
The structure of the inner thermometer is the same as for the type NWT-ST. A platinum wire with bifilar winding is wound around the carrier body. The connection lines are attached in strain-relieved manner in a 2-, 3- or 4- wire circuitry. The carrier body is insulated by mica paper. A copper plate protects the inner bar toward the outside and is additionally wrapped by mica paper. The ground shielding is connected to the copper plate. Thus the ground wires are fixed at the plate.
The ground shielding of the connecting wire is strong enough to withstand currents of up to 50 A in case of system malfunction. Thus the motor protection has a little more time to shut down safely. The slot thermometer NWT-A with the certification "intrinsically safe" (IS), warrants a potential-free installation. In this case, the grounding line serves as an earth connection. If the high current capacity is not needed the cross section of the wires can be reduced accordingly.