The Mini-Wheel™ encoder is used for the positioning and dimensioning of defects in the scan axis. It can synchronize data acquisition with probe movement.
The Mini-Wheel encoder is waterproof and compatible with the HST-X04 scanner, as well as Olympus standard PA wedges on which it can be mounted using the included bracket kit. This miniature encoder is entirely made of stainless steel and features sealed bearings for long lasting smooth operation. The custom electronic circuit has been designed to prevent noise induction in UT signals.
• Waterproof (IP68)
• Stainless steel construction, resistant to harsh environments
• Minimal noise induction
• Small dimensions
• Encoder resolution is engraved on the wheel (12 steps/mm)
• Removable encoder wheel
• Double O-ring tire for better adherence
• Sealed bearing for long lasting smooth wheel rotation
• Strain relief for cable protection
• Spring-loaded pin for adaptable encoder attachment
• 2 M3 threaded holes on top of the casing for rigid attachment
• DE version is compatible with the OmniScan® instrument
• BX version is compatible with the TomoScan FOCUS LT™ instrument
For maximum adherence of the wheel on ferromagnetic surfaces, a magnetic wheel is available.
Mounting Bracket Kit
Extra mounting bracket kit to mount MiniWheel encoder on wedge.
Clicker to send the indexing signal needed for 2-axis inspections with only one encoder. The kit also includes a 3-to-1 splitter cable (with DE-15 connectors) enabling connection of the encoder, the Clicker, and a digital input source (DIN) to the OmniScan.