The FAM Mantis.2, a V-belt transverse slicer, is designed for precise cutting at medium to high capacities of elongated and oblong products. It will slice any firm product up to 115 mm ( 4.5“ ) in diameter and more compressible leafy-type vegetables up to 160 mm ( 6,3” ) in diameter.
The FAM Mantis™.2 has a strong reputation for its reliable and accurate operation, even in difficult plant conditions.
• Highly versatile V-belt transverse slicer
• The Mantis™.2 is defined by its cut quality. Superior slices & shreds
• User-friendly and reliable. Easy to use for any operator
• Flexible in applications, adjustable to clients’ needs
• Open, easy-access structure for fast and effective cleaning
The thin and tensioned knives of the cutting wheel act as spokes and support the rim. The thin knives are twisted in order to make a uniform pitch from the hub to the rim.
It is this pitch that maintains the continuous speed of the product while it is being sliced resulting in maximum slice thickness accuracy.
The conveyor belt speed is synchronized with the cutting wheel speed to ensure proper advance of the product per revolution of the cutting wheel.
As an alternative cutting principle on this machine, small 2D-knives, positioned transversely on the cutting wheel, cut your leafy vegetables in small squares.