GYLON EPIX® Style 3501-E is a high performance, silica filled PTFE sheet material designed for use with strong acids, solvents, hydrocarbons, and other aggressive media. GYLON EPIX® Style 3501-E withstands a wide range of chemicals for extended service in a wide variety of applications.
GYLON EPIX® will provide superior functional performance by combining the traditional attributes of GYLON® with an innovative surface design. It offers a broader range of applications than traditional PTFE gaskets that are used in worn and pitted flanges. In addition, GYLON EPIX® delivers the tight sealing and load retention properties of 1/16” (1.6mm) and the conformability of 1/8” (3.2mm). The hexagonal profile provides improved compressibility and recovery. The profiled surface reduces the contact area during initial compression to concentrate the compressive force of the flange for improved sealability.
Regional Availability Restrictions: Available in European Markets Only
Features and Benefits
• One thickness does the job of two
• Seal performance and load retention equal of 1/16” (1.6mm)
• Compressibility and forgiveness/conformability of 1/8” (3.2mm)
• Patented hex profile creates superb sealing and ability to conform to imperfect flange surfaces
• Same material as traditional GYLON®