The L90 provides high-speed current differential protection suitable for transmission lines and cables of various voltage levels, while supporting complete distance protection and dual-breaker applications suitable for single and three-pole tripping applications. The L90 uses synchronized sampling at each relay to limit the impact of communications channel issues. The differential element's adaptive restraint balances sensitivity for internal faults and security during external faults. The L90 supports inter-relay protection communications via direct fiber as well as different interfaces.
• Phase-segregated differential protection ensures secure high-speed single-pole tripping
• High-speed cost-effective five zones quad or mho, phase and ground distance protection with multiple standard and customizable pilot schemes support
• Reliable and secure protection on lines equipped with series compensation
• Increased sensitivity through dynamic charging current compensation and communication channel asymmetry compensation
• Phasor Measurement Unit (synchrophasor) according to IEEE C37.118 (2011) and IEC 61850-90-5 support
• Three independent fiber or copper Ethernet ports for simultaneous/dedicated network connections with 1 microsecond time synchronization via LAN with IEEE 1588 support
• CyberSentry™ provides high-end cyber security aligned to industry standards and services (NERC CIP, AAA, Radius, RBAC, Syslog)
• AAdvanced IEC 61850 Ed. 1 and Ed.