This product is under last-time buy. Orders may be placed until 31st December 2021, and will be fulfilled based upon availability. As an alternative, please refer to the 889 relay.
The SR489 Generator Protection System, a member of the SR family of relays, provides protection, control and advanced communications in a cost effective industry leading draw-out construction. Designed for small and medium sized generators, the 489 delivers advanced protection including generator stator differential protection. The 489 also includes detailed diagnostic information allowing for reduced troubleshooting time.
• Complete, secure protection of small to medium sized generators
• Easy to use generator protection supported by industry leading software tools.
• Advanced protection and monitoring features including the use of RTDs for stator and bearing thermal protection and Analog Inputs for vibration monitoring
• Draw-out construction allowing for minimized downtime and easy removal/installation of the 489 during maintenance routines
• Large, user-friendly front panel interface
• Enhanced generator troubleshooting through the use of IRIG-B time synchronized event records, waveform capturing, and data loggers
• Simplified setpoint verification testing using built in waveform simulation functionality
• Cost effective communication through industry standard hardware (RS232, RS485, 10BaseT Ethernet) and protocols (Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, DNP 3.0)
• Harsh Chemical Environment Option
• Synchronous or induction generators operating at 25Hz, 50Hz or 60Hz
• Primary or backup protection in cogeneration applications