GE introduces Sentinel LNG, a new addition to our series of advanced ultrasonic flow meters. Sentinel LNG demonstrates new levels of performance, reacts to changes in flow rate with incredible speed and accuracy, and is based on proven technologies. Sentinel LNG extends the use of ultrasonic technology into cryogenic applications for measuring liquefied natural gas (LNG) with unbeatable performance, reliability and safety.
• Improved performance, reduced maintenance and dynamic flow measurement for cryogenic liquids
• Fully welded construction with no moving parts
• Ultrasonic transducers protected from cryogenic temperatures using Bundle Waveguide™ Technology
• Full bore design, zero pressure drop
• High accuracy to overcome limitations of tank level gauging
• Robust Path Configuration™ through extensive use of CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics)
• Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
• Cryogenic fluid allocation
• Custody transfer
• Marine Cargo Verification
Sentinel LNG Design
The design philosophy behind Sentinel LNG was simple; building a reliable flow meter to overcome the accuracy limitation of LNG tank level measurement. Sentinel LNG is an ultrasonic flow meter with a fully welded construction that has no moving parts. The acoustic transducers are placed outside the cryogenic liquid to avoid any long-term degradation due to temperature. The design is full bore; as a result, the pressure drop over the meter is simply equal to a section of pipe with the same length.