Designed, built and tested in the motor factory, solid salient pole rotors are suitable for applications requiring long duty cycles. This rotor has solid poles and a strip-on-edge field winding. The shaft and pole bodies are of integral construction, produced from a single normalized carbon steel forging. After the field coils are fitted, steel pole tips or shoes are bolted to the pole bodies using steel pole screws. The coils are of strip-on-edge construction with inter-turn insulation of epoxy resin impregnated inorganic paper cured under heat and pressure to make fully consolidated units with Class H performance. At intervals down each coil side, individual turns may be extended to form fi ns to increase the external surface area and thereby improve the cooling effect. Coils are assembled on epoxy bonded glass laminate washers. Each fully insulated coil unit is then mounted on its salient pole with a suitable restraining arrangement to ensure that it is held firmly against the pole during normal service conditions.
Integral pole tips or shoes on this rotor are machined from the single rotor forging. All other features are the same as the bolted tip rotor. Solid poles hold a strip-on-edge field winding.
Features & Benefits:
• Efficiency: No weld applied to the laminated core to ensure minimal core losses.
• Reliability: Core clamped under high uniform pressure to provide stiffness.
• Safety: Improved mechanical stability from minimal vibration levels.
• Compactness: The core is clamped under high uniform pressure to provide stiffness.
• Cost savings: Minimize rotating components. Eliminates synchronizing module