Fuel Cell Components
Gore supplies the most technologically advanced portfolio of MEAs (membrane electrode assemblies) and membranes for the proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell industry.
Greater Performance. Greater Understanding.
In 1994, Gore developed its proprietary reinforced membrane technology, based on our expertise in engineering ePTFE. Since then we have produced millions of membrane electrode assemblies, more than any other supplier in the industry.
Our product line includes:
GORE® PRIMEA® Membrane Electrode Assemblies
Gore Fuel Cell Components provide high durability and power density and are designed and tested for fitness for use in the most demanding fuel cell applications worldwide:
- Zero-emission powertrains for cars and buses
- Backup power for critical systems and remote locations
- Portable generators and compact charging devices
- Combined heat and power (CHP) systems for homes and commercial buildings
- Motive power systems for material handling equipment such as fork lifts
It is our continuing mission to make fuel cell components that are the most powerful, dependable and cost effective in the world, to meet the world's growing energy needs and environmental concerns.
What is a fuel cell?
A fuel cell is an electrochemical device that converts hydrogen to electricity (and heat energy) by means of interaction with a catalyst and oxygen. Water is the only by-product, making fuel cells not only efficient, but environmentally friendly as well.