Honeywell’s Limitless™ Wireless Hazardous Location Switches - WBX Series combines the best of Honeywell’s MICRO SWITCH™ Heavy Duty limit switches with a point-to-point (P2P) network – adding wireless capabilities by incorporating a radio board and battery power. It is available with a variety of remote or built-in antenna options.
The WBX Series is especially beneficial for remote monitoring applications where wiring or wire maintenance is not physically possible or economically feasible.
- Wireless design for remote control and monitoring: Radio (license-free, global) WPAN 802.15.4 (IEEE802.15.4), 2.4 GHz, P2P provides reliable, flexible and secure wireless transmission with AES 128 bit encryption
Up to 305 m [1000 ft] line-of-sight communication range when used with a Honeywell Limitless™ WPMM Series Wireless Monitor or WDRR Series Receiver (sold separately)
- Well-suited for tough environments: IP67 (self-certified), NEMA 4 sealed metal enclosure, with direct or remote mount antenna options, for use in most harsh environments. Powder-coated aluminum housing enhances durability and corrosion resistance
- Reconfigurable: easily add, subtract, relocate multiple Limitless™ WBX Series switches. Eliminates issues with wire connection integrity on moving equipment
- Reduces installation and maintenance costs: No wires, conduit, strain relief, clips, connectors, connection boxes, etc.
- Off-the-shelf, readily available batteries
- Global use: Variety of Limitless™ inputs with simple and universal PLC connections; simplifies design-in process, eliminates tooling costs and reduces manufacturing labor costs