Honeywell's FSA Series are piezoresistive-based force sensors are designed to meet the need for a compensated, amplified force sensor that provides analog and digital outputs, a variety of force sensing ranges, and enhanced durability and accuracy. Their flexible design provides multiple standard configurations over a wide operating temperature range
Fully calibrated and temperature compensated for sensor offset, sensitivity, temperature effects, and nonlinearity using an on-board Application Specific Integrated Circuit (ASIC).
Direct mechanical coupling allows for easy interface with the sensor, coupling with tubing, membrane or a plunger, providing repeatable performance and a reliable mechanical interface to the application. The package also provides excellent corrosion resistance and isolation to external package stress.
- Wide variety of force ranges (Newton (N): 2, 5, 7.5, 10, 15, 20, 25; pound (lb): 1, 1.5, 2, 3, 5; gram (g): 200, 500, 750; kilogram (kg): 1, 2
- Total Error Band: ±5 %FSS
- Accuracy: ±3 %FSS
- Ratiometric analog or SPI- or I2C-compatible digital output
- Fully calibrated and temperature compensated over a temperature range of 5 °C to 50 °C [41 °F to 122 °F]
- Overforce: 6804 g [15 lb]
- Supply voltage: 3.3 Vdc typ. or 5.0 Vdc typ.
- Low power consumption: 13 mW (analog) or 20 mW (digital)
- Internal diagnostic functions available
- REACH and RoHS compliant
- Ambulatory non-invasive pump pressure
- Infusion pumps
- Kidney dialysis machines
- Occlusion detection
- Load and compression sensing
- Variable tension control