The Honeywell Hall-Effect/MR Sensor ICs product line consists of high-speed, extended life sensors that respond to changes in the magnetic field strength by producing a proportional output. The Honeywell Sensing and Control family of magnetic position sensors includes:
(1) Digital and analog Hall-effect sensors that use either a permanent magnet or electromagnet;
(2) Magnetoresistive digital sensors which produce resistance changes from magnetic field application;
(3) Hall-effect sensors that produce voltage changes from magnetic fields applied to current-carrying conductors;
(4) Gear-tooth sensors which sense movement of ferrous metal target, thereby providing position and motion data;
(5) Hall-effect basic switches and magnets.