visible spectrophotometer / UV / benchtop / compact
for molecular and cellular biology
Max.: 1,000 nm
Min.: 198 nm
• Life Science Spectrophotometer
• 5nm spectral bandwidth
• Absorbance range -0.3 to 2.5A
• Pre-programmed for DNA/RNA analysis
• Purity scan across entire wavelength range
• Pre-programmed methods for protein analysis
• Standard spectrophotometer functions
• Press to read xenon lamp
• Icon driven software
• Small footprint
• Method and result saving to USB memory stick
• 3 year warranty including xenon lamp
This spectrophotometer is based on the highly successful 73 series spectrophotometers therefore it has all the same features including icon driven software and an improved navigation system for easy and intuitive usability.
As a life science spectrophotometer it has pre-programmed methods for the measurement of nucleic acid concentrations and protein assays plus measurement modes for determining the purity of nucleic acids and optical density (OD) for cell harvesting.
It is pre-programmed with all the most common methods for protein analysis including Bradford, Lowry, Biuret, BCA and Direct UV methods. The OD measurement mode enables cell growth to be monitored by measuring absorbance at 600nm, 595nm or any other user selected wavelength. Performing a purity scan across the entire wavelength range from 198 to 1000nm displays any distorted peaks which enables impurities to be easily identified.