Variable area flowmeter for basic applications
• With glass tube, MIN/MAX switches and 4…20 mA
• Low pressure loss for gas applications
• Flange: DN15…50 / 1⁄2…2"; also NPT, G, hygienic connections, etc.
• -20…+100°C / -4…+212°F; max. 10 barg / 145 psig
The VA40 is a glass tube variable area (VA) flowmeter for flow measurement of liquids and gases. The all-purpose flowmeter is suitable for all basic applications up to +100°C / +212°F and max. 10 bar / 145 psi. Typical applications include flow measurement of flushing, purging or inert gases or heating and cooling circuits.
The VA40 operates without auxiliary power supply. The measuring cone, protected by a metal sleeve with a viewing glass, makes it easy to directly read the flow and to observe the medium. The VA meter can also be equipped with two optional limit switches (MIN/MAX) or analogue output (4…20 mA). The flowmeter comes with many process connections and can be used in hazardous areas.
• Simple, low-cost measuring principle without auxiliary power
• For direct reading of the flow and observation of the medium
• Optional MIN/MAX flow switches or 4…20mA for recording and control
• Full scale value for liquids: 0.4…10,000 l/h / 0.1…2,650 GPH
• Full scale value for gases: 7…310,000 l/h / 0.25…11,000 SCFH
• Uncertainty: ±1.0% (acc. to VDI/VDE 3513, sheet 2)
• Turndown ratio 10:1
• Use in hazardous areas
• Available as food and pharmaceutical variant (with FDA compliant materials)
Machinery and apparatus (OEM industry)
• Air and cooling water supply
• Gas measurement for industrial furnaces and thermal processes
• Measurement of protective gases