Powder Painting - KTL, a.s.
What is powder painting and how does it work?
Powder painting is a single-layer surface treatment of metals. This coating system is used in particular as final treatment of metal surfaces for protecting the products against corrosion, as well as for improving the aesthetic appearance of final products.
Powder painting is performed on a semi-automatic painting line using static application by corona. Powder particles are electrically charged using the electrostatic field, while the painted object is grounded. The resulting electrostatic force is sufficient to create an adequate layer of powder on the object. The powder remains on the place until it melts and adheres to the surface in a coherent layer.
Advantages of powder painting
● Ecological – powder coatings do not contain solvents,
● Resistance – metal is protected against scratching and other mechanical damages,
● Anticorrosive properties,
● Colour stability and a wide choice of many different color hues,
● Variability of the final appearance.
Powder painting is applicable for
● Automotive industry,
● Mechanical engineering industry,
● Building industry,
● Electrical power industry,
● Consumer goods industry.