Mecasonic's efficient cutting tools allow companies in the food industry to increase their performance and improve their slicing operations.
The principle is simple: the edge of the vibrating knife (sonotrode) is set at a defined amplitude (30 to 100 µ) and frequency (20 or 30 kHz) as needed. It creates an acceleration of more than 105 G, which, with the help of a press that moves up and down, cuts food into portions.
Benefits of ultrasonic cutting:
- clean cuts without mess or crushing,
- compatible with soft, sticky and crumbly foods,
- self-cleaning blade,
- food does not adhere to the sides of the blade, thus preventing layers from smearing into each other,
- extremely thin, uniform layers possible with a level of tolerance that is yet unattainable with other methods,
- high throughput,
- zero crumbling and less product loss,
- much safer than all other conventional cutting methods,
- cuts through hard ingredients (walnuts, pistachios, olives, raisins, etc.) without moving them from place.