A Fluid Rotary Union (FRU) functions as a rotary interface for fluid carrying conduit between stationary and rotating equipment. The fluid being conveyed can be liquid, gas, or vacuum. A fluid rotary union is also called a rotary union, fluid swivel, utility swivel, hydraulic swivel, hydraulic utility swivel, or rotary joint. Unlike flexible conduit, a fluid rotary union allows continuous unrestrained rotation of movable joints in machinery.
The Model 306 is a single pass fluid rotary union. It can be operated as a stand alone FRU. Its design has been optimized to allow easy integration with an AC4598 / AC6200 electric slip ring (ESR). The 1-1/2 inch hollow bore and ESR pigtail channels allow concentric shaft mounting or optional flange mounting with an ESR mounted directly to it using the optional adapter.
The Model 306 utilizes sealed-for-life rolling element bearings to provide long trouble free service. Filled PTFE based seals run on a hardened surface to provide long service life, minimizing frictional heat generation and operational torque.
• 1-1/2 inch through bore
• Pigtail channels integral to shaft
• 1 pass with 1/2 inch BSPP ports
• 1/2-13 UNC-2B thread for torque arm
• Optional ESR drive pin matches AC4598 / AC6200 torque arm allowing a single anti rotation interface
• Optional ESR mount for AC4598 / AC6200 leaves reduced bore clear
• Stainless steel version available