The Moog Turret Test System is based on a high performance 6 Degrees of Freedom (DOF) electric motion system with powerful test software to simulate test tracks and test performance of the turret stabilizer. On the top platform of the Turret Tester, the user can install an actual turret or a remote weapon station. It can handle a wide range of payloads up to 28,000 kg (61,700 lb) and meet specific requirements related to particular excursions, velocities or accelerations.
The Moog Replication Software Module has been developed to accurately simulate the vehicle movements as recorded on the test track using high precision accelerometers. System identification and iteration is done using state-of-the-art algorithms for quick and easy drive-file development.
• Develop and test in-house under controlled conditions vs. uncontrolled remote test track conditions
• 100 % motion repeatability
• System is designed to be low-noise and compliant to Human Rated Safety Standards
• Speed up of new development process or end-of-line testing
• Accurate playback of the target file (RMS error typically <5 %)
• User friendly GUI and system design contribute to reduced training time for end-users
• Possibility to customize the design of the Turret Tester
• Proven Moog software modules for system identification, model analysis, iteration and reporting
• Availability to perform Envelope Calculation to determine the space claim
• Engineering support on FEM calculations for strength and modal analysis
• Extensive experience with designing and manufacturing customized upper platforms