The NILES-SIMMONS-HEGENSCHEIDT SG-803/2 Axle Grinding Machine was conceived as a single-wheel angular plunge-cut machine for special use in grinding operations on railway axles, featuring maximum performance and utmost reliability.
Railway axles of any size with various diameters, lengths, and radii are fully automatically machined by an automated and high precision grinding process.
Your benefits at a glance:
- Grinding of bearing seats and sealing surfaces
- Grinding of transition radii
- Automatic in-process gauging
- Hydrostatic wheel spindle bearing support
- Torque motor for direct work piece drive