Power over Ethernet (PoE) module
PoE-injectors are designed to power remote devices PD (Powered Device) such as wireless access points, IP phones, IP cameras using a standard Cat 5e / 6 cable. There are different types of PoE injectors: with or without support for PoE auto detection mode, with external or internal power supply, with Gigabit or only Fast Ethernet, with output power of 15.4, 30, 60 or 95W.
For example, the new Ultra PoE Injector NIP-191PG uses all four pairs for power supply and guarantees increased power to the output port up to 95W. The load can be powerful wireless access points, PTZ IP cameras.
There are alternative solutions, called "Passive PoE" or passive PoE-injectors, which allow to use of PoE technology for devices that are not equipped with this feature initially. Such devices can only support electrical compliance with the IEEE 802.3af standard, but not protocol ones.
NIP-171PG High-Power PoE Injector 60-72W Gigabit (2x36W)
NIP-171PGB Built-in 24-56 VDC Booster
- IEEE 802.3/ 802.3u/ 802.3ab/ 802.3at/ 802.3af (PoE auto detection)
- 72W PCE of maximum power with an input voltage of 56VDC
- POE Pin Assignment: 1/2(+), 3/6(-) and 4/5(+), 7/8(-)
- DIP switch: to select 2 or 4 pairs; Mode A or Mode B; 30W or 36W
- Reverse polarity / Over voltage / Overload protections
- Operating Temperature: -40 ~ +75°C; Dimensions: 104x82x32mm
- Housing: IP30 Protection, DIN Rail or Wall mounting
- NIP-171PG: External Power Supply 48-56VDC
- NIP-171PGB: External Power Supply 24-56 VDC; Built-in VDC Booster