• Ideal for honeycomb composite skin-to-core disbonds.
• Works well to detect disbonds in crushed core conditions.
• Sensitive to smaller defects.
• Allows for easy identification of repaired (potted) areas over disbonds.
• Suitable for continuous scanning.
• Available in a variety of probe castings.
• No couplant required.
Operation mode: MIA
Probe design: Right angle probe, requires BMM-H for spring loading
Tips: 12.7 mm (0.5 in.) tip diameter
Detection capability: Detects defects in graphite-composite skin bonded to Nomex honeycomb; 2-ply through 7-ply skin thickness. Defects sized 25.4 mm by 50.8 mm; 2-ply through 18-ply. Defect size of 12.7 mm (0.5 in.) or larger.
• Can be used on irregular or curved surfaces
• Suitable for detecting skin-to-core disbonds, crushed core, and other typical skin-to-core bondline defects.
• Suitable for continuous or mechanical scanning by using spring loading or constant pressure on the probe tip.