The 38DL PLUS is an innovative instrument that signals a new era in ultrasonic thickness gauging. Ideally suited for almost every ultrasonic thickness application, this handheld thickness gauge is fully compatible with a full line of dual and single element transducers. The versatile 38DL PLUS can be used in applications ranging from wall thinning measurements of internally corroded pipes with dual element probes to very precise thickness measurements of thin or multilayer materials with single element transducers.
The 38DL PLUS comes standard with many powerful but easy-to-use measurement features and a host of application-specific software options. Its sealed case is designed to meet IP67 requirements to withstand the rigors of very wet or dusty environments. The color transflective VGA display provides superior readability from bright sunlight to complete darkness. It features a simple, ergonomic keypad that can be operated with the left or right hand for easy access to all functions.
• Dual and single element transducer compatibility
• Wide thickness range: 0.08 mm (0.003 in.) to 635 mm (25 in.) depending on material and transducer selection
• Corrosion thickness gaging with dual element transducers
• THRU-COAT® and Echo-to-Echo measurements on painted and coated surfaces
• Internal Oxide/Scale software option
• Standard resolution of 0.01 mm or 0.001 in. for all transducers
• High Resolution software option of 0.001 mm or 0.0001 in. with single element transducers 2.25 MHz to 30 MHz
• Multilayer software option for measurements of up to four layers simultaneously