preheating furnace / melting / tubular / electric
continuous, for metallurgy, large-size
600 °C (1,112 °F)
Get low raw material consumption, high metal recovery, and low CO₂ and dust emissions. The Outotec submerged arc furnace (SAF) is a closed-type, environmentally friendly, and energy-efficient solution for ferroalloys. Preheating removes water and volatiles, stabilizing process conditions and decreasing the specific energy consumption of the furnace.
- Minimizes energy, coke, and electrode paste consumption
- Offers high productivity and metals recovery, especially with pellets
- Enables effective utilization of cleaned CO gas in different plant applications
- Preheats up to 600ºC, with every 100ºC saving 70 kWh per metric ton of metal in smelting
- Gives you low operational costs and low CO₂ and dust emissions
- Uses best available technique (BAT)
When using a preheated feed, the Outotec submerged arc furnace results in extremely low specific power consumption, low reductant and electrode consumption, and very high throughput. The closed design also minimizes dust emissions into the plant environment and surrounding atmosphere.