Fabric reinforced products come in bellows, profiles and custom shapes utilizing fabric coated or infused elastomers. These custom seals are designed to offer increased durability, longevity and added flame resistance.
Parker’s fabric reinforced products offer industry leading tensile strength, pliability, and fire resistance in a low cost durable elastomeric fabric composite. Reinforcing an elastomer with fabric increases the durability and longevity of a part along with added flame and abrasion resistance.
• Products can be designed to fit any application utilizing extruded profiles, molded bellows or customizable shapes.
• Flame resistant seals are designed to withstand direct flame at 2,000°F (1,093°C) for 15 minutes.
• Work as great thermal insulators to help prevent structural damage.
• Product flexibility allows for easy installation with minimal mating hardware re-work.
• Compatible with parker compounds.
• AMS and Mil approved elastomers.
• Increased abrasion resistance for product longevity.
• Friction reduction for improved durability.
• Increased tensile strength over homogeneous elastomer products.
• Low strength degradation over time with extended UV exposure.
Elastomers (Aerospace, military, and industrial applications)
• Fire Resistant silicone
• Ethylene Propylene
Many of Parker’s AMS and MIL approved elastomers can be used with a wide range of industrial fabrics.
If you would like to get more information on designing a custom component reach out our division at 619-661-7000 and ask to speak to an engineer.