From RS Pro a range of high-quality French colour coded bootlace ferrules (also known as cord end terminals) for providing a clean end termination to multi-stranded wires. These reliable wire ferrules ensure that you have a positive connection when connecting wires to terminal blocks and captive terminals.
What Is a Bootlace Ferrule?
A bootlace ferrule is a metal tube or ferrule with a moulded colour coded insulating collar made from nylon. The ferrule is slipped over the end of a multi-stranded wire, crimped and then inserted into a screw or spring clamp connection.
Where is a Bootlace Ferrule Used?
When the end of a multi-stranded wire is stripped and placed directly under a screw terminal the strands of the wire will naturally fan out under the pressure of the screw. Some strands will go astray. This reduces the quality of the electrical connection and can also result in electrical shorts. When a bootlace ferrule is used, the insulated funnel with it's flared design captures all the strands. These strands are then crimped together in the ferrule tube. The crimped ferrule is then inserted into the terminal to create an electrical connection
Features and Benefits
• Excellent electrical connection
• Reduces short circuits
• German colour coded collar for easy ferrule size identification
• Nylon insulated collar for reduced leakage, creepage and gas intrusion
• Tin plated copper tube for excellent conductivity
• Crimped terminal can be repeatedly inserted and removed without degrading end of the wire