From RS Pro a range of high-performance power supplies in a compact 35mm DIN rail mounting package for convenience and space saving.
What is a DIN Rail Power Supply?
A DIN rail mounting power supply, also known as an electric power converter is a convenient means of supplying power to DC operated equipment. The power supply is mounted on a 35 mm DIN rail which is a standard sized metal strip on to which electronic devices such as circuit breakers, relays, motor starters and PLCs can be mounted enabling the assembly of very compact systems.
How Does a DIN Rail Power Supply Work?
Some electrical appliances require power but lack the internal components to derive the required voltage and power from the AC (alternating current) mains power. The DIN rail power supply solves this problem by converting the AC mains input voltage into a usable DC (Direct Current) output voltage. The power supply unit is connected to an incoming AC mains power source and the device requiring power is connected to the power supply with a suitable power cable and connector. The power supply unit then converts the incoming AC current into the correct single output voltage, current and frequency which is then supplied to the device through the cable.
• Compact 35mm DIN rail mounting package
• Single phase input voltage
• High performance and reliability
• 100% full load burn-in test – a burn-in test is a form of stress testing to detect early failures.
• Cooling by Free Air Convection – the heat given off by this power supply is cooled off by the free air circulating around it as opposed to being fan cooled