Switchgear for traction – AC vacuum circuit breaker
The CVB Series vacuum circuit breaker is the main electrical switch and protection device of AC locomotives and electric multiple units.
Mode of operation: The energy required to switch on the CVB is stored by a spring. As soon as the switch-on signal is applied, the main spring release latch is unlocked and the switching operation is triggered. After that the spring gets recharged in less than 10 s. The signal “Hold” will keep the CVB in its switched-on position. The vacuum circuit breaker is switched off when the signal “Hold” is cancelled or the control voltage supply is lost – the spring remains charged and ready for the next switching operation.
- Long-lasting vacuum tube. Minimum wear and long, trouble-free service life
- Spring actuator: Function guaranteed even when battery is low
- Almost maintenance-free: 200,000 operating cycles with no need to
- adjust the main contacts, no maintenance of the pneumatic
- Operation without second source of energy, e.g. pneumatic
- Fail-Safe: Safe switching off in case of failure