Compact design and simple construction
Worldwide, air-insulated technology has served as a basis for an established, reliable power supply for more than 100 year. 8BT1 air-insulated medium-voltage switchgear can be used in transformer and switching substations.
• All switching operations including emergencymanual operations with high-voltage door closed
• Interlocking between high-voltage door and switching devices
• Rack-in, rack-out operations of the circuit-breaker truck with high-voltage door closed
• Metallic, earthed shutters and partitions, partition class: PM for circuit-breaker panels
• Internal arc classification up to 25 kA, 1 s, according to IEC 62 271-200, Annex A
• Use of vacuum circuit-breakers
• Use of metallic, earthed shutters and partitions ensures highest loss of service continuity category of the switchgear (LSC2A according to IEC 62 271-200) during maintenance
• Use of maintenance-free vacuum circuit-breakers
• Cable testing without isolating the busbar
Air-insulated switchgear for primary distribution
Switchgear type 8BT1 is a factory-assembled, type-tested switchgear for indoor installation according to IEC 62 271-200 and VDE 0671-200. It's mainly used for power distribution. Eco-friendly thanks to air as insulating medium and the use of vacuum technology!