Designing and manufacturing traction transformers for rail operators and train manufacturers worldwide, Siemens produces TT transformers that
increase train efficiency and performance - handle highest ratings in a minimum of available space - serve local content demands for worldwide application - afford maximum reliability and flexibility.
Turning energy into speed
On-board traction transformers transform energy into speed that moves passengers and freight. As a part of the traction chain, they are crucial to the performance of train and operator services. Siemens designs and builds traction transformers in 5 specification profiles.
Compact, light and efficient
Siemens develops and produces traction transformers for rolling stock applications of all relevant ratings and voltage levels. The focus is on maximum reliability, economic efficiency and safety – and ensuring that the transformers are perfectly in line with the customer’s requirements.
• power ratings – frequency, capacity and voltage
• size, weight and place of installation
• dissipation and short-circuit voltages
• losses and impedance voltage characteristics
• driving patterns and medium-frequency performance
• materials and technologies to meet environmental requirements (e.g. ester coolant)