The biodegradable bearing grease comes with low toxicity, being an oil-based grease that uses a lithium-calcium thickener. The excellent lubrication properties and compatibility with various applications operating under different conditions are other aspects worth taking into consideration. The item is compliant with current regulations on biodegradability and toxicity, offering good performance in applications with steel-on-steel spherical plain bearings, along with roller and ball bearings.
The good low temperature and good corrosion-inhibiting properties are important additions, while the typical applications include construction and earth moving equipment, as well as forestry, agricultural, mining, irrigation and water treatment equipment. Other applications such as locks, bridges, dams, rod ends and linkages are also supported.
SKF LGGB 2 is a biodegradable, low toxicity, synthetic ester oil based grease, using a lithium-calcium thickener. Its special formulation makes it most suitable for applications where environmental contamination is a concern.
• Good performance in applications with steel-on-steel spherical plain bearings, ball bearings and roller bearings
• Good low temperature start-up performance
• Good corrosion inhibiting properties
• Suitable for medium to high loads
• Agricultural and forestry equipment
• Construction and earthmoving equipment
• Mining and conveying equipment
• Water treatment and irrigation
• Locks, dams, bridges
• Linkages, rod ends