The IceCube™ Flow Reactor enables safe and easy exothermic reactions.
- High energy reactions can be performed in a safe manner through excellent temperature control (from -50 °C to +80°C)
- Modular system with software control
- Two reactors are connected in sequence to react any hazardous intermediates generated immediately, without isolation
- Continuous real-time feedback on the reaction parameters
- Fast response to temperature change to avoid the generation of side product
- Built-in safety features, automatic blockage/leakage detection
- High chemical resistance allowing the use of different reagents, even strong acids
- Easy scale-up from milligram to kilogram scale
How does it work?
The IceCube™ functions with Peltier plates technology to cool down to -50 °C using only tap water and electric power. The reactor is a PTFE tube with variable lengths, embodied in a metallic plate fixed on the Peltier plate. The starting/quenching materials are delivered continuously into the temperature-controlled reaction zones by the pumps and the product is collected in the end in a vial, flask or vessel.
The system is composed of 4 modules: Ozone Module, Pump Module, Reactor Module and Control Module. This makes the system highly customizable, the modules can be configured or purchased separately to match the arrangement that suits the selected application.