AMETEK developed the Type SCW Series flange-attached diaphragm seals for applications requiring control of fugitive emissions and for leak protection against toxic and explosive media as defined the EPA Clean Air Act of 1990.
The SCW seals are all-welded with stainless steel housings* and continuous duty convoluted diaphragm. They feature an ANSI standard slip on flange for easy installation. The top housing is welded to the bottom, providing a permanent seal without a gasket.This seal is also available HASTELLOY® C, MONEL®, and other materials (consult factory)
• - Idéal for applications requiring control of fugitive émissions - Leak protection against toxic and explosive media as
defined by EPA Clean Air Act of 1990
• - Continuous duty
• - Permanent seal without gasket
• - Materials available for corrosive applications
• - Pressure ranges from 10 psig (.7 bar) to ANSI Class 300
• - Standard volumétrie displacement is .06 cubic inch
Pressure vs. Volumétrie Displacement
Displacement curves are provided to assist in selecting a diaphragm seal with minimal full span displacement bias effects. This graph is for reference only and may not accurately represent the maximum displacement that may be used. Contact AMETEK for exact spécifications.